Variety Australia Recruiting National Database Manager Closing Date 4 November 2015 @Sydney (Artarmon)[Full Time]
Position :National Database Manager
Variety, the Children’s Charity is a national not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or who have special needs to live, laugh and learn.
The position reports directly to the CEO of Variety Australia, however the successful applicant will have the interpersonal skills to liaise with the relevant staff in all state offices as well as suppliers.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in a not-for-profit organisation, ideally have previous experience working with CRM system thankQ, and be a hands on and solutions focused individual.
Duties will include:
- Provide data analysis, reporting and insight to assist in driving fundraising strategy
- Manage the database including import and export of data for targeted communications, data cleansing and de-duping
- Develop and maintain data analytics incorporating advanced segmentation and predictive modelling such as recency, frequency and monetary
- Analyse and report on the effectiveness of fundraising activities including trends in donor behaviour and the impact of donor acquisition and attrition
- Work closely with Variety Australia and each of the state offices to develop national and state-relevant policies and procedures manuals for the CRM systems
- Provide training and support to staff in Variety Australia and state offices – this will involve regular travel to other states
- Work with the team at thankQ to achieve the most effective and cost-efficient outcomes possible for Variety
- Ensure integration of the fundraising database with other IT systems, such as the website and financial software
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ experience in database management in a not-for-profit environment
- Knowledge of fundraising, including individual giving, community fundraising and events
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds and present in a group setting
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute projects
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Well-developed written skills and the ability to prepare reports, proposals and documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build successful relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals
Please respond with your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria firstname.lastname@example.org.