Position:Service Reliability Engineer
Qualification :BS/BE/BTech -Computer Science
About The Company
Yahoo Inc. (styled as Yahoo!) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. It is globally known for its Web portal, search engine Yahoo! Search, and related services, including Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping, video sharing, fantasy sports and its social media website. It is one of the most popular sites in the United States.According to third-party web analytics providers, Alexa and SimilarWeb, Yahoo! is the highest-read news and media website, with over 7 billion readers per month, being the fourth most visited website globally, as of June 2015. According to news sources, roughly 700 million people visit Yahoo websites every month.Yahoo itself claims it attracts “more than half a billion consumers every month in more than 30 languages.”
Yahoo was founded by Jerry Yang and David Filo in January 1994 and was incorporated on March 1, 1995. Marissa Mayer, a former Google executive, serves as CEO and President of the company.
- Yahoo!’s Service Reliability Engineering team is seeking a talented “Rapid Response Engineer” to play a vital role in a team that runs critical operations and systems engineering for Yahoo most popular internet sites including Mail, Messenger, Sports, Finance, Games, News, Entertainment and many others.
- This position requires an aggressive troubleshooter who can multitask on problems of varying difficulty, priority and time-sensitivity.
- This versatile position requires familiarity with all the support concepts of busy web sites: Systems and database administration; Networking; Process troubleshooting; QA and rollout automation.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX systems and hands on commands.
- Knowledge on web servers, DNS, firewalls, TCP/IP and other protocols.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written & oral communication skills are essential. Proven ability to write bugs, test cases, problem reports
- BS in Computer Science
- Ability to rapidly learn and assimilate knowledge of complex software and systems, and apply understanding of system architecture when planning operational tasks and strategy
- Demonstrable experience in one or more languages such as: shell scripting, Perl, PHP, or Java or C is also a plus
- Experience with statistical analysis of defects and system performance a plus
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, SMTP, HTTP, load-balancers, highly available network servers