Dell India Off Campus Drive | Freshers | Software Engineer | Bangalore | August 2018
Company: Dell India
Dell Inc. is an American privately owned multinational computer technology company based in Round Rock, Texas, United States, that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services. Bearing the name of its founder, Michael Dell, the company is one of the largest technological corporations in the world, employing more than 103,300 people worldwide.
Dell was listed at number 51 in the Fortune 500 list, until 2014. After going private in 2013, the newly confidential nature of its financial information prevents the company from being ranked by Fortune.
Company Website: www.dell.co.in
Positions: Software Engineer 1
Experience: 0 – 1 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 0-1 years of relevant experience required
- Designs storage solutions per business requirements. This includes performing storage workload modeling for sizing, optimization and troubleshooting.
- Researches and compares system/OS features and works with vendors on system sizing for specific applications.
- Understands storage virtualization, data rationalization, workload automation, storage provisioning, and Disaster Recovery and SAN Fabric management.
- Troubleshoots storage-related reliability, availability and performance issues.
- Collaborates on and implements architecture recommendations to application integration, system administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of storage infrastructure technologies
- Identifies design requirements and makes recommendations for capacity planning, performance optimization and future direction.
- Identifies and eliminates performance bottlenecks and makes performance-related recommendations (hardware, software, and configuration).
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products.
- Manages or utilizes software that is built and implemented as a product, using best-in-class development process/lifecycle management (ex: Agile, Waterfall). Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies, development and user experience plans