Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of Internet Protocol (IP)-based networking technologies since the company’s inception. This tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products in the core areas of routing and switching, as well as advanced technologies in areas such as Unified Communications, Network Security, Video, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing.
• Participate in feature design discussions and contribute innovative ideas and solutions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, technical support and documentation group on related tasks.
• Solid understanding of distributed systems and networking principles, plus working knowledge of related disciplines, e.g., computer security, algorithms, database, and operating systems.
• Contribute to small subsystem architecture design and write functional specs.
• Write and/or provide input portions of design specs.
• Independently develop software code per design specification.
• Write major portions of unit, integration, and regression test plan.
• Debug problems of moderate scope at the subsystem level.
• Perform complex subsystem level unit, integration, and dev tests.
• Identify and resolve problems found during internal verification testing at customer sites.