Company: Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research ,cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions.
Company Website: www.volvo.com
Positions: Associate System Verification Engineer
Industry Type: Automobile/ Auto Ancillary/ Auto Components
Qualification: BE/ B.Tech/ ME/ M.Tech – Electrical or Electronics
Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Salary: Best In Industry
Job Location: Bangalore
We are looking for a person with passion and a strong drive for working in the field of Verification and Validation. You enjoy working globally and will be working within an international team with customers world-wide. You are a person with ability to see the bigger picture and you love the challenge in finding efficient solutions in the testing area. You find energy in interaction with people, both internally and externally and you are an excellent communicator.
- Prepare necessary TechTool/Content upgrades for system under test (SUT) before execution
- Analyze design specifications in order to update existing test cases and create new ones
- Based on the analysis above request proper test environment (test object & equipment, etc.)
- Communicate with the design team and report to Test Manager
- Independently execute tests of TechTool and diagnostics solution in our test environments (trucks, rigs, virtual models, etc.)
- Report the results in a clear and traceable way through the internal tools
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the test effort and based on that drive improvements to the test process.
- Propose and develop automation methods, tools and techniques in order to adapt our way of working to continuous integration chain.
- Prepare and develop simulation tools end environments in order to implement Virtual Verification in our processes.
- A graduate degree / Masters Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience with electronics / embedded SW testing on system level
- Knowledge of Diagnostics Services concepts/error codes/routines/parameters/Software Download (SWDL) test methods
- Knowledge of the different methods for monitoring/steering the system under testing and logging the data
- Genuine knowledge of the electronics/SW testing techniques and process (Implementation and Verification cycle, so called V-cycle, etc.)
- Knowledge of test automation methods, simulation tools, virtual verification methods and continuous integration chain.
- Experience in technical documentation handling
- Knowledge of TechTool for vehicle diagnostics is preferable
- Experience of testing AutoSar distributed systems is preferable
- Basic knowledge of the equipment for electronics System/component testing (CANoe, CANalyzer, others, etc.)
- Excellent English, other languages considered to be a merit.