Moody’s Off Campus Drive | Freshers | Associate Software Engineer | Bangalore | November 2017 | Apply Online
Company: Moody’s Investors Service
About Company :-
Moody’s Investors Service, often referred to as Moody’s, is the bond credit rating business of Moody’s Corporation, representing the company’s traditional line of business and its historical name. Moody’s Investors Service provides international financial research on bonds issued by commercial and government entities. Moody’s, along with Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Group, is considered one of the Big Three credit rating agencies.
Moody’s was founded by John Moody in 1909 to produce manuals of statistics related to stocks and bonds and bond ratings. In 1975, the company was identified as a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Following several decades of ownership by Dun & Bradstreet, Moody’s Investors Service became a separate company in 2000.
Company Website: www.thomsonreuters.com
Position: Associate Software Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
Salary: Best In Industry
- BE (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Financial Engineering or a related field
- Strong C# development and debugging skills
- Good SQL Query writing skills, understanding of SQL databases, ideally Microsoft
- Good fluency in English is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Detail oriented and highly organised
- Rigorous and analytical thought process
- Experience with source control (SVN, Perforce), issue tracking (JIRA), code reviews (Crucible) is advantageous
- Experience in using Excel is advantageous
- Experience in Financial Services is advantageous
- This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong software development background to join Moody’s Investor Service Support Centre in India.
- The two primary areas of focus will be SQL and C#.NET development, and prior experience in both these areas is essential. There may also be a need to work with JScript (including Angular, Node, JQuery) as necessary.
- An understanding of MS SQL Server query optimisation and performance tuning is advantageous, as is experience with foundational software development tools and processes: source control, issue tracking, unit testing, continuous integration etc.
- This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with thought leaders in corporate credit risk and gain global exposure to the high yield and leveraged loan asset classes within corporate finance, and to some degree within structured finance (specifically collateralized loan obligations or CLOs).
- This role will suit a highly motivated problem solver with excellent communication skills and an ability to deliver software solutions on time and to specification.