IBM Off Campus Drive |Freshers |Software Developer |Bangalore|February 2016
IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
1. Contribute to feature development of Linux on Power and related technologies such as IBM PowerKVM including enabling Linux Distro releases (Redhat , Suse & Ubuntu) on IBM Server portfolio.
2. Should independently own the components assigned, Develop features, submit patches, debug/analyze code failures, fix bugs, interlock with testers and support team for the closure of the bugs.
3. Give inputs to planning and participate in new feature studies.
1. Good understanding of development methodologies, and exposure to open source workings.
2. Strong Operating systems concepts/fundamentals, Linux kernel programming/debugging skills – systems software using C, C++.
3. Familiar with workings & usage of at least one open source system management tools/utilities – Chef, Puppet, Ganglia, Nagios, Kubernetes, Ansible, Salt, Ceilometer (OpenStack)etc.
4. Excellent communication & presentation skills.
5. Good problem solving and creative thinking abilities.