Dell Off Campus Drive |Freshers |Any Graduate |Database Admin Adviser |Pune |September 2016
Job Role:-Database Admin Adviser
Industry Type:-IT – Software
- This team provide 24 X 7 operational support all Production, Development, DR & QA infrastructure.
- Primary responsibility of the team is to provide support to all standardized & predefined scope of infrastructure in all area taking into account business requirements, priorities, risks, synergies and technical / regulatory constraints –
- Event/fault monitoring and remediation
- Incident & problem management
- User requests & issues management
- Change & vulnerability management
- All core database administration tasks
- Escalating cases with vendor
- Participate in testing & on-boarding new production/services
- Members should be flexible to extend his day as per workload, if needed
- This team is also responsible for planning, supporting and executing global and regional infrastructure projects.
- All the services have defined SLA and deliverables are measured against predefined KPIs.
- Team work as integral part of global DBServices team, collaborate & work hand-in-hand with regional DBAs around the globe.
- Good knowledge in production environment support in solaris and linux
- Scope of DBA work
- Capable of performing Database Administration in Sybase ASE & Replication Servers tasks independently in Sybase ASE 11x,12.5x,15x,15.7x & Sybase Replication 12x,12.6x & 15.7x
- Database Lifecycle Management – Database creation, setup & decommissioning, user/space management, upgrades, migrations, DB cloning
- Database backup, restore & recovery using Sybase native methods, SQL Backtrack & Commvault
- Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity, security and database corruption issues in a critical production environment
- Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in Sybase using Sybase Replication
- Troubleshooting ASE/Replication server
- Familiar in Unix system administration relevant to Sybase database management.
- Operational knowledge in Sybase Replication, DCO, SRDF, DR solution & High Availability
- Good scripting skills in UNIX shell/Perl environment
- Experience in supporting multiple and large sybase databases environment
Dell Selection Process:
- Aptitude Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Document Required (Original and Photocopies):
- SSC Marksheet
- HSC/Diploma Marksheet
- Graduation & Post Graduation all years’ mark sheets
- Photo ID proof (Pan Card/ Passport / Driving License / College ID)
- 2 photographs