Since 1984, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end computing solutions company, Dell continues to transform computing and provide high quality solutions that empower people to do more all over the world. We serve customers ranging from the world’s largest businesses and public-sector organizations, to small and medium businesses, and individual consumers.Job Description:
Performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
Evaluates and integrates new operating system versions, drivers and hardware.
Provides technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations.Job Responsibilities:
• Tests software updates and patches.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
• Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
• Performs incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
• Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
• Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
• Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components.
• Implements appropriate levels of system security.Skills:
– Good communication skills.
– Should be a team player.
– Should be willing to take initiatives and responsibilities for better coordination and efficiency.
– MCSE Certification would an advantage.