Company: Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL)
About Company :-
The Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL), a joint venture between Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu built and operates the Chennai Metro. The system has a mix of underground and elevated stations and uses standard gauge. The services operate daily between 06:00 and 22:00 with a varying frequency of 10–20 minutes.
The system has also planned to takeover the existing Chennai Mass Rapid Transit System by 2021, which would be upgraded to operate using the rolling stock of the Chennai Metro. CMRL was recognised by the International Association of Public Transport in 2011.
Official Website: www.chennaimetrorail.org
Positions: Executive Trainee
Total Vacancies: 25 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Civil) – 5 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Electrical) – 10 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Electronics) – 8 Posts
- Executive Trainee (Mechanical) – 2 Posts
- Rs 20,000/Month+ Course Fees (During Course)
- Rs.40,000/ Month (After Course)
Job Location: Chennai
Eligibility Criteria :
- First-class graduates with minimum aggregate average of 70% marks (relaxed by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in Civil/Mechanical /Electrical/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Communication Engineering from a recognized University/Institute are eligible to apply.
- Final year students who will secure the eligible degree before the commencement of the course can also apply.
- The selection of eligible candidate for apprenticeship will be on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the minimum qualification of exam i.e. Diploma Engineering for Technician apprentice and Degree Engineering for Graduate apprentice.
- The merit listed candidates shall be called for verification of all original documents at DCI office.
Age limit (As on 30.05.2018): Below 28 years (Relaxed by 2 years for MBCs/DCs/BCs and 5 years for SC/ST).
Salary & Posting details:
- For the one year course, CMRL will pay a stipend of Rs.20,000/- per month to candidates and also the necessary sponsorship and tuition fees to IIT Madras.
- *On successful completion of the course (PG Diploma Course in “Metro Rail Technology and Management”), the trainees will be posted as Assistant Manager on contract for a period of 5 years in Chennai Metro Rail Ltd with a consolidated pay of Rs.40,000/- p.m.
The selection methodology comprises two-stage process, interview followed by Medical examination. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness.
- Rs.300/- for General and Others
- Rs.50/- for SC/ST candidates
- No fee for Differently Abled Persons
Mode of Payment: Demand Draft – Drawn in favour of M/s Chennai Metro Rail Limited, payable at Chennai.
How to Apply: All interested and eligible candidates can send duly filled application form along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 28th June 2018.
GENERAL MANAGER (HR),
CHENNAI METRO RAIL LIMITED,
CMRL DEPOT, ADMIN BUILDING,
POONAMALLEE HIGH ROAD,
KOYAMBEDU, CHENNAI – 600 107.