Amazon Off Campus Drive | BS / MS Degree | System Development Engineer | Hyderabad
There are many things to consider when deciding on your next employer. At Amazon, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects with lots of opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you.
Eligibility: BS / MS Degree
Experience: 2 – 4 yrs
Job Role: System Development Engineer
1. System Development engineers troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve computer-identified alarms, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
2. The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work.
3. Responsible to develop tools and automations to achieve human free operations.
4. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture.
5. If you have a strong Application Support background, are interested in aggressive growth and have passion to develop tools at large scale, this is the opportunity for you.
Qualifications: Technical background (BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline/experience)
Experience: 2 to 4 years of experience
1. Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
2. Strong Unix base O/S experience or proven ability to pick up Linux quickly
3. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages Java or C++ or C
4. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, or Java
5. Ability to write complex SQL queries is added advantage
6. Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
7. Basic understanding of relational and object-oriented database technologies
8. Experience working with distributed systems and/or large-scale web applications
9. A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, including experience with load balancers, switches, routers, etc.