Western Railway Recruitment 2018 | Apprentices | Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech | 34 Posts |Across India | June 2018
Company: Western Railway
About Company :-
Western Railway in its present form came into existence on 5th November, 1951 by the merger of its forerunner, the erstwhile Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway (BB&CI), with other State Railways viz, Saurashtra, Rajputana and Jaipur. The BB&CI Railway was itself incorporated in 1855, starting with the construction of a 29 mile broad gauge track from Ankleshwar to Utran in Gujarat state on the West Coast. In 1864, the railway was extended up to Mumbai.
Western Railway, an important part of the Indian Railway system, serves the financial capital of India, Mumbai, along with almost entire area of Gujarat and some parts of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. Western Railway, has played an important role in industrial, financial and social development of the Western regions of the country.
Company Website: www.indianrailways.gov.in
Position: Graduate/ Technicain Apprentice
Total Vacancies: 34
- Graduate Apprentice (Mechanical) – 17 Posts
- Graduate Apprentice (Electrical) – 7 Posts
- Technicain Apprentice (Mechanical) – 6 Posts
- Technicain Apprentice (Electrical) – 4 Posts
Job Location: Across India
Stipend: BE/ B.Tech: Rs. 4,984/Month; Diploma: Rs.3,542/Month
- Graduate Apprentice: (10+2) + 04 years Degree course in Mechanical /Electrical from recognized University.
- Technicain Apprentice: 10+ 03 years Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical from recognized University/Institutes.
- The candidates who have undergone training in any other organization are not eligible i.e., only fresher’s can apply.
- Candidates passed diploma/degree in last three years are only eligible.
Age Limit (As on 19.05.2018): 18 years to 25 years
Upper age limit is relaxable by
- 5 years for SC/ST candidates
- 3 years for OBC candidates
Training Period: 1 year
Application Fee: Rs.100/-(No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates)
Note: A postal Order/Demand Draft of application fee payable to CHIEF CASHIER, Churchgate, Western Railway.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible candidates can send dully filled application form along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 12th June 2018.
Chief Workshop Manager’s Office,
Carriage Repair Workshop,
N. M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel,
Mumbai – 400 013
- The last date of Submission of Application: 12th June 2018
- Display of the list of selected candidates: 10th July 2018
- Tentative date of Commence of training: 1st August 2018